Question

Rehsuls

Illegal hospitalization and transportation billing
I was illegally transported to the hospital, held against my will for 30 plus days, injected with unneeded medication (ie Resperdal), forced into followup out patient psychiatric visits and then was thrown out of the program when the State coverage ended. During this time, I was told that I could not function on my own without medication (that I never took) because without it I would not be able to survive on my own. I do not take any medication. I own my own well cared for home, I am in great health, I pay all my bills, except I will NEVER pay for these illegal bills with the hospital and transportation. I attempted to sue the hospital but without enough money, I chose not to fight. Do I have no choice but to wait 7 years before this BS is removed from my credit reports and ruining my credit?

Most Helpful Response

File a dispute with CRA

Google "Validation Letter" on line.  You can find a template for this type of letter on line.  If indeed they can not prove that you signed any paperwork taking responsibility for the charges then you may just be able to get these charges off your report.  It would be easier if they have been turned over to a collection agency, But you still have a good chance if they are still with the hospital.  The law requires that they prove that you are the responsible party and that they billed you properly for it at the time,  if they can't they must remove the account form your report.