Question

AdrianRad

I'll be added to my company's CC as a auth. user. How this will affect my CS?
If their CS is higher than mine? If their CS is lower than mine?

Most Helpful Response

Routinely, you would not see the appearance for a true company card on your credit report.    True company cards are reported through Dun n Bradstreet for the company as opposed to individual places like Trans Union and Equifax.    If your company card is no more then a card in the name of the owner and you are an authorized user, this would in fact appear.   The credit score of that person would have no effect on you, however, the utilization of the card and the dates as well as timely payment information would appear on your report.   Before accepting a company card in the name of the owner, you should determine how it would affect your payment and determine their past payment practices.   The boss won't like the inquiry, hower, you should be diligent in your research before you accept such liabilities.

faidros is correct. I have had a corporate AMEX card, with my name on it, for a couple of years now - never shows up on the reports (though be warned: the hard AMEX inquiry *does* do will show up on your report).

AdrianRad

You are right, I have AMEX business too, from the same company, and never saw it on my reports. Thank you for your replies, guys!

It can help your score a little...usually very little but it's going to depend heavily on what kind of card they have & whether it's reported to credit bureaus. Many business credit lines aren't reported unless they are defaulted on.