Question

confsdin13

if you pay thecourt ordered amount for chapter 13 in less than the scheduled time what happens?
Because several creditors did not file claims, I find that instead of the 36 month plan that I am scheduled for, after approximately 18 months I will have paid the scheduled maximum amounts that were in my plan. Do my creditors than receive more than the originally scheduled amount, does my case get discharged, my lawyers response was I don't know.

You should ask your bankruptcy trustee since he/she oversees the collection and distribution of the funds.

Cymruwilson

Contact your bankruptcy attorney. There is a little paperwork that goes along with the discharge (like everything in the legal world, paper is king!). If you were paying by direct deposit from your paycheck-your attorney will make sure that payroll deduction is stopped, then will get the ball rolling so you can get your discharge paperwork in hand quickly. You can't sit on your hands-once you see that your status is complete-call your attorney! :-)