Question

theriogrande

If you pay something that's in collections,does it get removed soon?

Most Helpful Response

it is a Pre-Pay Delete is what you have

You have to ask the collection company for a Pre- pay delete paper in writing before you pay them any money or they can leave it on there for seven years.

jappleton

I have two collection that are paid still on my open collection report. Credit Karma shows two collections one that is a copy of another paid collection , and one that is paid  but not by me. It is just there.I am so confused. How do I get them off my credit report all together?

One of them say they can't let the credit bureau know because   they don't report on this acct.  anymore?need help

Hope this helps.

I've heard that you can pay the collections agency a fee to get them to writer a letter to remove collections off the score. I'm in the process of doing that too.

jmeroyer

Hey, just to confirm, a medical collections agency actuall confirmed this for me. If the entire balance is paid in full, they will completely remove it from your credit report. 

Gosh, is there a specific thing I should wirte? I hate to say this but this collection thing was not even my fault. My father used my name and purchased some items without my consent and ignored the bills.

Next thing I noticed I have four collections. I paid the debt when they first called me because I paniced. Little did I know that I had to get a full agreement from them in writing before I payed it off.

It remains for 7 years from date of pay-off like any other bill.  It cannot be removed sooner.

jmeroyer

I had a medical collection recently. If you pay the bill completely, the medical collections agency has authority to request that it be removed completely. I'm not sure about other collections, but medical, yes, they can. 

jappleton

I have two collection that are paid still on my open collection report. Creditors hows two collections one that is a copy of another paid collection , and one that is paid  but not by me. It is just there.I am so confused. How do I get them off my credit report all together?

One of them say they can't let the credit bureau know because   they don't report on this acct.  anymore?need help I have spoken to the collection agencies with no help.