Question

jonil0000

if there is a error in the report how to fix it
in the credit report in creditkarma i have 2 credit cards that were closed long ago. how do i fix this.

Most Helpful Response

I found a collections error on credit karma. Since credit karma uses transunion I went to annualcreditreport.transunion.com to dispute the error online. Since this was my first annual credit report check in 12 months, the credit report was free. However, since there are 3 credit report agencies -transunion, experian, equivalent- I need to buy the credit reports from the latter and dispute again. 

Transunions turnaround time to investigate was less than 24 hours. They have removed it from my credit report. It is not yet removed from credit karma.