Question

FishiesRCute

If the credit agency denies my dispute where can I go to fight it next?
I am not in the habit of not paying my bills but I have 6 accounts in collections. The hospital billing system assigned an account number to my accounts that was one digit too short so my accounts could not be found when calling in to make payments. I have been disputing this account with the hospital and collection agency but after a year of this I just paid it off and decided to fight with the credit agencies. The accounts are all under $150 so they would not do pay for deletion and the hospital (who were the ones who told me of the computer glitch in the first place) refused to pull from collections and denied the computer glitch happened. If the credit agencies deny my dispute and will not remove these from my report, is there a next step I can take? I had 12 bills total and paid off 6 within the first month, so I don't think it is fair that they sent me to collections because THEIR computers messed up and they could not find my accounts. Thanks!

The bureaus have to report the data that the collection agency gives them, so if the collection agency won't remove it, I think you're out of luck.  However, please remember that a paid collection is much better than an unpaid collection, so at least that is a plus.  You may just have to wait out the accounts.