Question

scatcity

If my sister adds me as a co applicant will her credit become my credit as well?
If I am added as a co applicant on a credit card my sister owns and has excellent credit, will my score automatically be raised? Or will it only count from the time my name is added?

If I am listed as an additonal user instead, will that bring my credit score up?

Most Helpful Response

Co-applicant is the way to go, but...

As a co-applicant, lenders will trust you more than as an authorized user, but in order to apply, you need to meet the criteria from the bank. Depending on the institution, a minimum score is needed before applying (from 680 to 720 or more in some cases). So, be sure to contact the bank and ask about their specific criteria for co-applicants. When you are authorized, your sister's score won't be affected, but yours will benefit from the new credit history & limits.

Autorized users are also reported to the credit bureaus, but are not as strong when you use them for a new credit.