Question

stampschick

If my score is high(over 800), and no debt, should I use credit cards?
I have paid off all debt, and my credit scores have shot up to 800 and above with the reporting agencies, but I want to keep it high. Should I use my credit cards modestly, or apply for a new card or two to keep my scores high, or should I leave leave all debt alone?

Use moderately.

Usage is one of the factors in maintaining a good credit score.  Buy something once in a while and pay in full every time the bill comes in.  And/or, place a few regularly recurring bills (cell phoine, insurance, TV) that you ordinarily send a check for every month on one or more credit cards and pay that every month.  Helps keep the cards active and shoiws usage (good for credit score).  Just try to not have any balance carry over from one month to the next so you don't get charged interest on the account.

Moderation is the key in virtually all life activities, including credit.