Question

ilovepapesh

If my cosigner assumes liability of my student loan which is currently 39,000 will this lower score
My debt to income ratio is crazy. I have 39K in this private loan, total federal student loan is 16K, 22K car loan, 12K car lease that my partner pays, and I may need to take out an additional 3.2K loan because I'm back in grad school. My cosigner offered to take on liability of the 39K loan so that it helps the debt to income ratio but if this lowers my score then perhaps I should hold off?

Instead of making things difficult, why not have the cosigner get a loan to lend you what you need for grad school? Be a little simpler wouldn't it?