Question

Newtocredit55

If I were to open two credit cards and never use them, would doing so improve my credit score?
What if I paid them off immediately each time that I used them?

As I read, I noticed you just answered your own question! :) Yes, absolutely pay them off every month, BUT the thing, the most important thing to remember is your credit utilization. I would recommend that you never exceed 20% of your total credit line in any given billing cycle. In other words, if you have a new CL of $1000.00 never charge more than $200.00 before paying in full once the bill is due. Dont pay it off before the end of the billing cycle. (once you get a bill in the mail or online with a due date, pay it off in full if you can.) If you cannot pay it off in full, pay as much as you can ABOVE the minimum due, and do not charge anything else until you pay this off....or if you do, remember to not exceed the $200.00 threshold. Credit is built with the use of credit extended, not simply having an open line of credit and never using it. Creditors like to see a consistent and responsible use of credit. Staying with this formula and they will periodically increase your limit...also makes it easier for you to request a CLI every 3-6 months. Hope this helps.