Question

Lenses89

If I wanted to improve my credit would it be best to pay off smallest before larger or a equal each

Maybe the 20% strategy is better?

That is a good question but from my reading on Credit Karma it looks like the best way is to paydown the card that will help the most at getting your total credit under 20% utilization.

If you owe 1k across 5 different cards with the breakdown being $800, $50, $50, $50,$50, and with a total credit line of 2k, you would be at 50% utilization. Paying of the $50s will help some but paying down the $800 to $200 would get you to 20% utilization across all your credit lines.

I am not even going into cost savings for paying down cards with highest interest rates because I assume you want to know if having no utilization on some cards will help. I don't know the answer to that.

Sorry if I was unclear. English is not my first language.