Question

smokeandkiwi

If I transfer a credit card balance will that credit card be cancelled
I have 2 credit cards I would like to transfer to a lower interest card. If I do this will the 2 cards I transferred be closed.

No, not unless the lender has a policy to. Very unlikely.

Youdon't want them cancelled.

Part of your credit score is based on how much credit you have been granted.  Any time a card is closed, that credit limit is removed from your total and that reduces your credit score.

They don't care how its paid.

And they don't close accounts for being paid off.  You want your cards to have 0 balances at least 3 or 4 times a year.  Paying them off helps your score.

Most credit card companies don't close credit card accounts unless you don't use them for a while, usually a couple of years.  Although, I have one account that is over 15 years old and I haven't used it in at least 12.  Still reports every month as "paid".