Question

flaten22

If I remove my name from a CC shared with my Husband(Secd. User), will my score go down?
I recently chose to remove my name as a secondary user on a credit card with my Husband. Will this affect my credit score, and if so will the affect on my score be "big." The account is still open and in good condition(in fact we were just mailed a letter telling us the credit limit we have was raised). Thanks for your help!

Most Helpful Response

I think it will. In 3 ways shorten your credit history,your available credit limit and increase your utilization ratio. Thanks to my wife my oldest reported account is her first one opened last year. I opened a credit card account barely in march its a tremendeous asset. Unless your at odds with him stay on that same account.