Question

javier1214

if i raise my credit limit will it help my credit go up?

Revolving credit limit increase.

In short, yesit does. But only under the following conditions. If you have an outstanding balance  and the increase lessens the percentage of the outstanding balance in relation to the credit limit it does.

Let's say you have a credit card with a $2000 limit and you owe $850 you rating will be equal to a C (oustanding balance = 40+ % of your limit)  now if your credit limit increases by $3000 (bringing it to $5000) you will be at 17% which is a sweet spot in the A rating  (1% - 20%) exactly where you want to be. 

Since the Impact of credit card usage is considered high I think it can only improve your credit rating, even if you go from a C to a B.

I went from a B to an A, and though my credit rating was already in the 700 it still raised me by about 5 points ( Still worth it in my book)