Question

1luv420

If I pay off my Debit will it raise my credit report right away
I have two credit cards in closed but owe on both plus 2 accounts in collections one open other closed if I pay everything off tomorrow will it raise my credit report right away and how much

Most Helpful Response

It takes 30-90 days for changes like payoffs to show up on your report.  I cannot say how many points your score will go up; it depends on how old the debts are.  Once you pay them off, they will still show up on your credit report as a collection account, so it will still be damaging, but not as much as an upaid collection.  By law they can report to the bureaus for 7 years from the date it went delinquent or 7 years from the date it is paid off.  Try to negotiate a "pay per delete" with each collector in writing before paying them off.  It takes time to wreck your credit, and it takes time to fix it.  You'll need to be a bit patient.