Question

mirabrower

If I pay off all of my debt in one payment, how long would it take until my credit limit increased?
Right now I have about $14,000 limit, and I would like to raise it to $30,000

Depends on lender.

Just paying a card off is not an automatic credit limit increase.  I've had one credit card for several years that denied me increases, so I quit asking.  When I consolidated my cards, my credit limit on the new card was 8 times what the old one was and at lower interest.  Sometimes you have to go for a different card to get a higher credit limit. 

But why such a high credit limit?  It is better to keep your credit limit at a managable level and pay it off every month to keep your credit rating up.