Question

ilovemark123

if I pay off all negative credit cards.. will my score go up?
I have about 1000 in collection. If i pay it off will tgat bring my score up and how long? Trying to rebuild credit to buy a home

If you just pay them off, the negative of them having gone to collections will vanish in 7 years.  Instead, you may wish to negotiate (do this in writing via certified 'snail mail') a "pay for delete" agreement with the companies.  That topic is covered in one of the many very informative articles on this site. Then the credit score should go up rather quickly, depending on the other factors in your report. 

Personally, there is nothing wrong with renting because the landlord pays for the equipment and appliances that quit.  Homeowners have to do the paying themselves, as I just did for an air conditioner repair in the middle of a heat wave.  Lots to consider before buying.