Question

littledoe

if I pay all my cards off at once will that hurt my credit score. But still keep the cards active

Most Helpful Response

Paying NEVER hurts score

Credit card payment, in general, never hurts the score. In fact it helps. If you pay all your cards, your score will certainly go up. However, if you have a lot of debt and then it's gone suddenly, then the financial institution might ask how did you manage to pay all at once. That's all.

Credit card debt

If I pay off all my credit card debt which is about $7000 will that hurt my credit score?  It just went up a little and I want to keep it that way.  I will not close the accounts except for maybe one.  Would that be ok?