Question

bmarker

if I pay a delinquent account off does my credit score stay the same?
I have 5k of bad debt in about 4 accounts 75% of it is with a rental agency account. Wondering if I pay the account off if it will raise my score? I recently was approved for 500$ card but it just added 6 pts.. :(. Trying to get it over 620 so its not in the poorrange

It will not raise your score until it is off your credit report. I would make a deal with the account holders, can I pay you off this much $ and you remove it from my credit report. Make sure to get all deals of this nature in writing.