Question

ElijahMays1995

If I never had credit and I'm twenty years old how can I get them

Most Helpful Response

First, I suggest you take the time to read the articles here on this site so you can get a good understanding of how credit works and how to build a good credit score.  I learned a lot and have been around much longer than you, so I already had made some bad mistakes before joining this site.  Then you need to choose a secured credit card which you will use very carefully as you start building a credit history.  Use the financial tools on this site so you can do some  practicing without the pain of finding out the hard way that a decision you make isn't the best one.  Qande make it a practice to pay the card in full every month and keep usage at or below 10%.

If I never had credit and I'm twenty years old what should I do

JohnnyRain127

It's no different than most other people starting out... Secured card, secured loan, student credit card and or add yourself to someone's credit card as authorized user, whatever that card's history became part of yours as well, until such time you are able to obtain credit on your own.