Question

kayla531114

If i needed to pay something off a year ago and i pay it off now will it change my credit score?

Paid or Unpaid, Old or New...

A credit report is like a driving record. Even if you pay off a traffic ticket; the blemish is still on your record. To get it removed you need to do traffic school.

Same thing with a credit report with 1 exception: If you pay off a credit card debt that can improve your score. Let's say you pay off $1,000 in medical bills. The collections are now listed as 'PAID' and your credit score stays the same.

If you're paying off credit card debt; great! Do it. If you're paying off any other debt, try and get a "Deletion for Payment'. It's difficult but it can be done.

If you're still having a hard time, I would get some professional help:

My wife and I use Lexington Law Firm. I work for them as a Senior Paralegal. They lead the nation in credit repair. Check them out: lexingtonlaw.com

If you want a BETTER score and are SERIOUS about fixing your credit give me a call.

I'd love to talk to you!  1-800-641-2930  Extension 11395.    Ask for Robert Kinghorn    :)