Question

Ralph999999

If I marry someone with bad credit, will I be faced with larger interest rates when I buy a home
Will my soon-to-be spouse's bad credit score impair my ability to purchase a home? As a married couple, can I apply for a home loan, etc. on my own leaving her name (and said bad credit) out of it?

If your income is sufficient, you should be able to. This also means that her name would not be on the title and (consult with a tax professional to be sure) you may not be able to get a mortgage interest deduction on your income taxes if her name is not on the loan.  Lots to consider here.  Or, you could save up money while she is working on getting her credit straightened up, which should take not much longer than 7 years.