Question

TheJShores

If I make small payments on each of my account in collections would that help my credit score raise
I have a few different things in collections from different companies wondering if it would be better to make payments on one until it's paid off or make smaller payments on all of them

Not an expert, but...

If I were you, I would make one a priority with making as big of a payment that you can make on it until it's paid off... Maybe pay the one that has the higher amount or more interest attached to it... Still pay on the others but maybe just the minimum or just above the minimum... I'm guessing if you didn't make payments, you would probably be hit with more fees.

Just sit tight

If you haven't paid any of them in a long time, then don't pay anything. The statute of limitations clock for debt collection will start again at your first repayment. Most states have 2-3 year limitations on going to court to obtain a judgment against a debtor. So lay low, and maybe the clock will run out. It will be on your credit report for 7 years anyway . . . you might as well get something out of it.

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/statuteLimitations.shtml