Question

Ben1115

If I make and offer and pay a collection agency what happens to my credit and that account after
account from 2013 in collections

If it is a fairly large collection, it might benefit your score a little bit because unpaid collections are counted in your total debt. If it's smaller, I wouldn't expect to see much difference at all in the score. The contents of your report (not just your score) are important too though, and a closed collection account looks much better to, say, property managers than an open collection account. Lots of creditors won't even deal with someone with open collections. 
If you can make a deal and settle the debt for less than the full amount, do it. It will still show on your report as closed, although there will be a comment like "settled for less than full amount." I had one like that, and I was still approved for a few good cards with decent limits and a conventional mortgage. 

When it finally falls off, it will bump your score up about 15 points if there are other collections present. If that's your only collection, it will bump your score up by about 50-60 points.