Question

Goughm3

If I inherit a house will this affect my credit score?
I am about to have my grandmas 250k house signed over into my name, the house is paid for and no money is owed against it. After the house is put in my name, should this affect a 530 credit score with $25k of debt?

NOPE.  It is an asset, but has nothing to do with credit score.  Credit score is based on proper use of credit.  I suggest reading the articles on this site so you can learn more about credit and how to improve yours.  THAT is what Credit Karma is all about.

same boat

I am in the same exact boat. I was thinking of taking a loan against the house to be able to fix it up. My score is very low even though I have almost everything paid off. Now what??