Question

Szamora269

If I have paid all my out standing debt off. How long will it take for my credit score to change?
I have recently paid off all my credit card debt and my account I had in collections. How long til I notice a change in my credit score?

Most Helpful Response

Good for you for doing all that! You should see a change in your score as soon as your creditors report to the credit bureaus (which, in the case of credit cards, is usually within a week of issuing your monthly statement). However, be prepared for a little disappointment -- on two counts. First, once a bill has gone into collections (or even gotten substantially late), that's going to remain on your record for a long time, even once you've made good. Second, the scoring systems like us to keep our credit card balances low -- between 1% and 20% -- but they don't like us to pay them off. So it's possible that, in the short term, you won't see a big positive result. (It depends; I hope you do get a big score boost for your good work.) In any case, don't worry; in the long run, you've just set yourself up to build better credit for the future. Be patient and keep up the good work and you should see a positive change in your score over time.

i paid my debt off 5 months ago and i had no chang to my credit at all