Question

Evrman

If I have never had a credit card can I still check my score to ensure no id theft?
I'm trying to make sure a family member did not steal my identity. I have never had a credit card, only debit. When trying to get my score, it says my information provided doesn't match the information of the credit bureau. What do I do?

Contact each credit bureau, Transunion, Equifax and Experian. You will likely have to submit evidence to them to support that you are who you claim that you are (copy of drivers license, etc) and then you can figure out what is going on. Did you try to get a credit report directly from the credit bureaus or just here? If you haven't tried to get a report directly from a bureau I would try that first.

Check your credit report

You can get a free copy of each of your credit reports at   AnnualCreditReport . com
If you have a no credit you will have whats called a "thin file".  You  may have to prove yo are who you say you are but its fairly simple, just follow the prompts. The site will tell you what to do.

Print out 1 copy for one of the credit bureaus and look it over. Most of the info on credit reports is cross reported to the other 2 so whats on one is generally on all 3.  By printing only one of your reports, you can go back in 4 months and check another so you can monitor what changes are being reported on your credit report.

If you find anything on your report that you don't know about already, then file a dispute.  There will be instructions on how to do this on the website.