Question

WHB121

If I have an credit card open but it goes inactive will it hurt my credit?

It might just a bit, but certainly not like it would have if you had closed your account.  That is why it is recommended to try keeping credit accounts open.  I have a couple of regularly occurring bills 9Netflix, Cable bill,Chewy) billed to credit cards just to keep the cards active.  They are bills I would be paying every month anyways, and this accomplishes two things at once......getting the goods/services and keeping the cards active.