Question

pennz69

if i have a thin file, does it hurt or help applying for credit?
I have applied and been denied credit because of having a thin credit file. So will it hurt me applying often even though i am being denied a chance to obtain credit. I have paid off a loan that i paid on for 4 years 6 months ago. this includes raising the amount right before each pay off date to help me establish a better credit file. any ideas? I do not want credit cards, but maybe a new motorcycle some day.

Unfortunately, what you may be lacking is the "credit mix" that some creditors look for.  You can always apply for 1 store card or a secured major credit card and charge very small amounts like your gas or groceries and pay it off at the end of the month so you don't carry a balance, but show that you can manage the card/debt.  A Wal-Mart card issued by GECRB would be a good starter card and GE is good for approving people trying to build credit.