Question

escabebble

If I have a credit card inquiry with starting a new job will that work against me?

I am not sure exactly what you were asking, but if your new job is sensitively enough to pull your credit report? Then I would guess anything on your credit report could potentially affects you, tho I don't know what few inquiries from credit cards would do any harm to your employments, perhaps if the inquiries were from other employers in the similar fields.

Nope.  Please take some time to read the articles on this site since teaching about credit is the purpose of Credit Karma, and this is excellent information.