Question

dpf1883

If I get a personal loan, can the funds be paid directly to my credit card balances

No.  The funds would be issued to you and you would have to make the disbursements.  But, instead of getting a loan, why not try for a balance transfer at 0% for no less than 12 months, and some available cards are good for 21 months at the no interest rate.  When I did a balance transfer, my score rose and I have been able to pay the original cards off, which has been a huge benefit.  Read the articles here for more information.

When you get a personal loan, they write you a check or deposit it into your checking account.   You can then write checks to pay off the credit cards and/or ask the bank to give you cashiers checks to serve the same purpose.