Question

FreddyMercury

If I get a auto loan but have a co sighner, will that still help improve my credit?
Im looking to buy a car but the loan I qualify for is at a 17 plus apr, if my parents co sign the apr drops significantly. I want to improve my credit but really don't want to pay that high of an apr. By having my parents co sign will that still help improve my credit?

Cosigning

Your parents' cosigning the loan won't directly help improve your score - the purpose of the cosign is it lets the lenders know there's another party with a better score that can also be held liable for your loan (they can chase your parents if you don't pay up).

Having a lower APR though will help keep your balance/payments lower and easier to pay so you won't have any default payments.

17% seems extremely high.