Question

azgemini55

if i file for bankfuptcy how will that effective my credit scores?
as cosigner on loan and paying half on that. can't seem to sell mobile home. party signed with stated mobile will not sell, but park in says not up of sale (we no longer live at same residence n I have moved out of state, been doing this almost 2 years) and me having to set up another residence on top is putting me deeper into hole. I need an exit from loan and to help rid of debt now accumulating to survive. Not able to work, on disability since 2010. Just turned 59years.

Try a chapter 7. Your scores will suffer big time but you will be out of debt...

Another option is to check and see if your state has a "Hardest Hit Fund" (google that phrase with your state and see what comes up).  I work for a mortgage company and these are federally funded non-profit groups that help folks in your situation.  I know for sure there is one in TN and IN.  Try to avoid bankruptcy, it really hurts your credit worse.  Just let them foreclose on the property or see if they will do a Deed In Lieu of Foreclosure (DIL).  Foreclosure is on your record for 7 years, DIL 5 years, bankruptcy 10 years.  You do the math.  Best of luck!