Question

steviejizzle

If I disputed a derogatory mark and it was removed, can it be added again at a later time?
I recently used Lexington Law to have a couple of derogatory marks removed from my credit report.

One of the derogatory marks was for an account that went to collections over a Progressive Car insurnace bill.

Lexington Law was able to remove the derogatory mark, and my credit score increased. It seems like the collection agency has now sold the debt to another collections company and it is appearing on my credit report again.

Is it legal for them to do this? Should I dispute it again? Should I pay it and ask the collection agency to remove the mark from all credit reporting agencies?

Yes, it is legal.  However, it can only be on your report if the date of delinquency was less than 7 years ago.  If older than 7 years, they are breaking the law by reporting it and you should file disputes at www.annualcreditreport.com.

sorry this may have nothing to really do with your question but how long did it take for lexington to remove your derogatory mark?