Question

ladyjrich

If I close some accounts, will my credit score improve?
Why is the closed accounts still reflected in my scores? I want to improve my scores, why does it keep going down when I pay all my accounts on time or early?

How your score is declining partially on the amount of the decline.   If we are only taking a few points then its probably your utilization.   While you credit card bill date could be the 20th of the month, the company may actually be reporting on your account on the 5th.   Thus, when making a payment, you should be aiming for the date of reporting as opposed to the actual due date of the credit account.   Evening paying your card off every month by the credit card bill due date won't help you if you are at 30-70% utilization on the reporting date.   Check the account reporting date here on Credit Karma and aim to have the amount paid to reflect the lowest possible utilization by that date.   Ensure that you make the payment so that it is cleared by that date.  Some creditors reflect the payment as pending until they get confirmation that the amount they requested was confirmed by your bank.   

Probably not, usually closing accounts results in score DECREASES, not increases. Check your FICO scores from time to time too.