Question

amandalynnbroniec

if i close my most recent card will that improve my credit

Clarification to above

Let me clarify my question - This card was opened 6 months ago and has the lowest credit limit out of all of my credit cards. I have cards that have been open for 12 - 15 years already with 10K - 15K credit limits. I am utilizing only about 10% of my credit card limit so that is not hurting my score. I was wondering if closing this Discover card that I never use and which has such a low limit anyways would make my credit history better therefore make my overall credit better. I understand the articles that state closing long standing cards or cards that still have balances on them are NOT helpful to your credit. 

The articles here clearly explain what is needed to improve your credit, and closing a credit card is NOT one.

bang13

NO

see above!!!