Question

Frankie3589

If I close Credit Cards with 0 bals will that effect my score

Most Helpful Response

Yes.   If those accounts have good history (i.e. no late payment or collections) then you lose that good history and your scores can drop.  Use the card once or twice a year just to keep it alive and it will help your credit score. To learn more, go to www.credit.about.com and look at the Credit/Debit and Learn Credit tabs.  Best of luck! 

close card or not.

I staarted the long journey to repair my credit rating 6 years ago. I now have "excellant" scores. I want to close a card that is very costly on a monthly basis and yearly fees. I now have 4 other cards that i rarely use and which do not cost me nearly as much. I dont want to hurt my scores, but the reality is that i rarely used that card anyway.

to close or not to close???