Question

alba2216

If I cancel an ATT contract and pay it off will it afftect my credit score since I broke contract?
I was told by ATT that if I cancel I Pad contract and pay it off it will affect my score since I am breaking a contract. I only owe $138.24 and will [pay it when I cancel it.

as long as you pay the debt

Then canceling a contract with a utility should have little effect.  Utilities don't ususally report unless you owe them money since it costs them monthly to report it.  If the balance due is paid then they really don't have much to report.  They might note that the contract was "early termination" if its reported at all.  This is often a ploy just to get you to stay.  Check your credit report, if AT&T isn't reporting now, then it probably won't show up on your Credit Report later. 

Good Luck