Question

l300costin2005

if i cancel a credit card that ive had for a year and 4 months how would it affect my credit ?
Its a credit card with good standing with a limit of $950 that I've had for 1 year and 4 months and I don't use it anymore, would it hurt or better my credit

It would hurt your credit to close it.  Account history is part of your credit score.  Also the fact you have $950.00 credit available is also helping your credit scores.  Use the card every six months or so, just a tank of gas or bag of grocieries.  Pay it off if you wish, or leave a small balance.  This will keep the card active and will continue to drive up your credit scores.  You can learn more about credit scores within this Credit Karma site.  Good luck!