Question

msjanew

If I cancel a credit card, but have a balance remaining, will I still be charged an annual fee?

Credit One charged me an annual fee!

I signed up for Credit One, on the advice of Credit Karma. I never got my card; but I got the bill for the annual fee.  I called and told the "guy from India that could barely speak english" about it. He said he would remove the annual fee and send me a new card. When I tried to use the new card, the Credit One denied credit everywhere I went. The very next day, I ripped up the card and called to close my account and get that annual fee removed. They said they would...................the credit card company is suppose to be in Las Vegas.

Now, I am not getting bills, but the annual fee is not credited to my account. I wrote them a month ago, and they never answered me. I called yesterday, and the "foreigner" argued with me that they can charge an annual fee if they want to, since I received the second card. I asked to speak to a supervisor. He complained that the supervisor is just going to tell me the same thing. So I asked to talk to a higher up. He said he would get his supervisor. What he did was keep me hanging on the line for a very long time until I couldn't take it any more. They robbed me and I have no idea who to go to: my attorney general? Las Vegas?????

CREDIT ONE IS IN INDIA AND THEY BARELY KNOW ENGLISH AND THEY ROBBED ME!!!!

No, but you will still be charged interest until that balance is paid in full.