Question

5421shinglecreek

If I cancel a cc that I no longer use, and won't ever use, what will it do to my credit score.
The cc that I'm talking about has a monthly fee of $8,37, and sometimes I forget to pay it on time, as I get no paper bill. So can I close this account without lowering my credit score.

Most Helpful Response

While your score may drop a bit, I never like paying a fee for a credit card, so you would llikely be better off closing it, as long as it isn't your only card.  If it is, get another card that doesn't charge a fee before closing this one.

Havvkeye

I agree.  If you don't want another card or cannot find one with a lower fee for some reason you could always just set up automatic payments for that card and then you wouldn't forget.  This may be worth it if it is your oldest card by >5 years and you are planning on taking out a loan in the near future.