Question

TeeJaa

If I ask for a credit limit increase and I am denied will that affect my credit score?

Most Helpful Response

Like the previous posted indicated, it depends if it was a hard pull or soft pull. A soft pull with have absolutely no effect on your credit. However, a hard pull will bring your score down a few points. Not to worry, though! That hit on your credit will rebound within a couple of months; after a year, it's not even factored into your FICO score!

How long did you have to wait before reapplying for credit?  It keeps denying me for that reason as I did the same thing by mistake.

CREDIT CARD

I requested a cli on my capital one cc and got denied for a recent returned payment that wasnt even my monthly payment I was making ant extra payment and i used the wrong account! But my question is should i apply for another cc with capital one or will that afftect me?

Marco Salazar

It depends, some credit card companies will do a "soft credit pull' meaning it will not affect your score, it's a good idea to ask before they do a credit check!

murphy8276