Question

Arpumm

If I apply for a balance card and dont get approved for the amount I need can I turn down the card?
I want to apply for a balance transfer card, but am concerned that if I don't get approved for the amount I need I will not be able to transfer my balances and the card will be useless.

You would be able to cancel it, but the Hard Inquiries you receive will not go away, but you could keep from lowering your average age of accounts. Sometimes asking for reconsideration on initial credit lines will work, although not often, but that is something to consider. If the initial credit line is not suitable for your needs, you could call the lender right away and ask them to reconsider the credit line.

You'll be able to cancel it. How much balance transfer are you looking for & what does your credit profile look like? A consolidation loan may be better since you can ask for certain amounts.

Arpumm

660/668 scores looking to get 4,000 CL.