Question

Olbe36

If I apply for 3 credit cards same day, will this show up as just one hard inquire in my report?

Most Helpful Response

No... However, there some are exceptions... 

-

Pentagon Credit Union, it requires a hard inquiry to become their member to open a checking/saving/share account, but they usually will use that same inquiry when you apply additional credit products likes of credit cards, auto loan, Line Of Credit with-in 90 days.

-

AmEx, they would most likely use the same inquiry when you apply for one of their revolving credit card (Everyday, Blue Cash Everyday/preferred) and one of their charge card (green/gold/platinum) at same time but not two of same type.

-

There are maybe few other credit unions (NFCU/NASA) might do that but I don't have any personal experiences with them, CapOne used to "allow" (my word, it could be a system glitch) you to apply for two cards  back to back at same day with same inquiry, I have done it twice, both time was only one inquiry showed up on each bureaus, but they impermanent one card every 6 months rule 2~3 months ago, so that effectively nullified their 2 for 1 deal, that makes their cards bit less appealing now because of their triple pulls per app. One credit card issuer? it may not even require a hard inquiry for "some" of their store cards or Visa/Master cards, google "shopping cart trick", I probably got over 15 separate store card popped up and couple of majors, just word of caution if you do find out how? Don't go overboard with that, most of store cards have every little long term value to your credit profile... If you apply for credit card with different creditors? Then it's absolutely separate inquiries each and every time.