Question

Rackeltw

If I am buying a car within 6 months, should I take a cc consolidation loan out?
My credit score is over 700 and I am looking to buy a new vehicle within the 6 months. My credit card debit is very high. If I do a credit card consolidation loan with it effect my credit negatively and drastically?

Most Helpful Response

Depends. just be careful what company you use. if you can I suggest what I did last year, opening a chase slate account (0% for 18 months with no balance transfer fee) it'll give you more available credit and the inquiry shouldn't hurt your score too much. a lot of the debt consolidation companies charge 100's of dollars for "account maintenance" on top of high interest rates. 

BEST recommendation is to pay down as much as you can in the next six months.