Question

Seeyou123

If I am added as an authorized user on someone's card, how long until my score increases?

Most Helpful Response

Authorized user

If you are only an authorized user, it will not affect your score.

Same position

I am the same situation as you are, I have bad credit and my cousin who has good credit add me to be his authorized user, it does increase 10 or more scores to mine in about 6 months because he does make good time payments but if you want to increase your score drastically, I would suggest open a secured card like i have with capital one or retail card. It does increase my score more than 30 after 3 months using it and paying it off on time.

Authorized user

Being an authorized user does have an affect.  A long time ex added me, we broke up, and I gave the card back.  He continued with it for few months, then I happen to look at my credit report and there it was - deliquent/in collections/charged off.  It took alot of work but it was finally removed.  I used this experience and added my kids as an authorized user to my cards (but they don't know that) and it has helped them.