Question

TheChen1983

If I add boyfriend as authorized user and he is filing for bankruptcy, will that affect my credit?
I am planning on adding bf on as an authorized user to help him rebuild credit. He is in the process of filing for chap 7 bankruptcy, not sure yet if he will get it but his bankruptcy lawyer says it is likely.
My Q is, will simply adding him on as an authorized user affect my credit due to his bankruptcy status? we plan on not even giving him the card. I have a decent credit score and always pay my cards dues in full so just wanted to help him rebuild credit but not if the bankruptcy will negatively impact me.

Thanks for your help!