Question

speedracer7

If added as an authorized user to wife's credit account how does this affect my credit score?
Assuming my wife's credit card account is in good standing, and I am an authorized user. Does this help or hurt my credit score.

Most Helpful Response

I had something similar happen.  My credit card website has a "Get a second card for a family member" button.  I clicked it to sign my wife up.  I figured it would just create a second card, tied to my account, with her name in it.  Well, it did, but it also counted as a credit inquiry against her and the balances count on her credit now too...so the credit bureaus get two birds with one stone.  It's like I signed her up for her own credit card basically.  This was news to me.  If I wanted to do that I would've had her just sign up for one somewhere....but I guess it can only help build her credit as it does mine.