Question

lookinforhelp

If a Mortgage is included in a bankruptcy can a foreclosure still be entered for the same mortgage?
I continued to pay my Illinois mortgage after I filed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy that included my mortgage. The bankruptcy was discharged in 2011 I am now about to lose the house in foreclosure. Will I have a foreclosure put on my credit report even though the mortgage was included in the bankruptcy?

Yes, they will (and that is legal).   Once your BK is discharged, your mortgage goes back to "business as usual".  The foreclosure will be on your record for 7 years.  If you can talk them into doing a Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure, then that is slightly less damaging and stays on your report for 5 years instead of 7 for foreclosure.  Call them and ask, doesn't hurt.