Question

belladonna17

If a joint bank account holder declares bankruptcy will it effect my credit score?
My father and I have a joint checking account with a line of credit, I use this to cover any overdrafts. He is primary on the account and I am joint if he declares bankruptcy and excludes this account will my credit score be effected?

i would ask a pro

contact an accounts manager at the bank and ask them to review this with you. 

the other option is to check with the attorney handling the bankruptcy.  

Depending on your state, he may not be able to exclude the account, and it would have a negitive effect on your score.  

He may have to remove you from the account until the bankruptcy is completed. 

Better to find out before hand.